23 Feb Mudroom Cabinetry | Custom Design Tips
Need a mudroom renovation?
Mudroom cabinetry design involves creative space planning to include organized storage solutions. We love transforming everyday spaces into stunning pieces of functional design. Seamlessly blending form and function, we’re passionate about our attention-to-detail and purposefully designed cabinetry that is built for life.
Here are some tips on what to consider when designing a beautiful and functional mudroom.
1. Bench: Besides hooks, first on the mudroom checklist should be a bench. When arriving home, at the end of a busy day, the first thing you want to do is sit down and take off your shoes. Make your bench do double-duty by incorporating a flip-up seat for extra hidden storage.
2. Cabinetry: The ultimate mudroom feature is a set of cabinets. Have one for each member of your family so everyone has their own designated storage space. Provide low storage for shoes, hooks for coats, and high storage for seasonal items.
3. Closet: Even though a mudroom is sort of like one giant closet, providing a designated closet in the room is great for out-of-season wares, sports equipment, utility storage, cleaning supplies, and miscellaneous items you want out of sight. If you don’t have space for a full size closet, create larger cabinets to fit larger items.
4. Laundry Machines: Laundry rooms these days are often moving out of the basement and into mudrooms. Build cabinetry around your machines to hide them and make the space more appealing as you enter.
5. Sink: A utility sink is useful for gardening, cleaning up paint and crafts, or quick washing of clothes. You could even install an oversized sink for washing your pets.
6. A Tile Floor: Durable and easy to clean, tile is the most sensible flooring option for a mudroom. Bonus points for radiant heat below to make cold days a little warmer.