Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. At TASSÉ DESIGN Inc. we know that our people are our greatest assets. Thus, you will be part of a team that respects its employees, culture and environment.
Tassé Design is a custom cabinet and millwork shop in Barrie looking to fill a position of Journeyman Cabinetmaker. The right candidate will be able to work independently or in a team when needed. We value fostering a positive work atmosphere.
Duties are and not limited to:
- Read and interpret drawings
- Prepare cut lists, parts list
- Cut parts for individual projects using various materials, melamine, plywood, MDF etc.
- Mill lumber when needed for various projects; maple, oak, walnut, poplar etc
- Prepare and use BLUM machine for doors and shelf holes and various other hardware
- Setup and edgeband various parts
- Assist apprentices when or where needed
- Able to work independently and in a team setting
- Able to problem solve
- Possess good communication skills
Must be familiar with and or able to operate the following tools:
- sliding saws, 10″ saws
- planer and jointer
- edge sander
- drum sande
- miter saw
- various sanders; orbital, belt
Additional skills, talents are always an asset. If you bring a unique skill to the table, please share with us!